The bandana is making a comeback. This little scarf with a particular paisley print is found as the flagship accessory of the biggest stars and fashion influencers of the moment. While it has delighted generations in the past, the scarf is once again making a splash. Its appearance has remained the same, but now it is worn in several ways. Discover some tips to brilliantly adopt the big bandana trend.
The history of the bandana
The bandana is from India.Moreover, the term bandana comes from the Sanskrit "Badhnati" which means to tie.But the word bandana also designates a technique for dyeing fabrics.At the time, it was not easy to achieve the desired color on textiles.To have this iconic red color of the original bandana, fish oil, sheep droppings or even intestinal liquor were used.It was thanks to the Silk Road that the bandana was exported to the West by the British.Success was immediate, especially with cowboys who used it to protect themselves from dust and sand. you don't have to be a cowboy to wear a bandana. Through popular movements and fashion phenomena, the bandana has always been present. Bikers, pin-ups, hippies, feminists, etc. till today.
The different ways to wear the bandana
The bandana can be found everywhere, as an accessory, but also as a motif via the paisley print that characterizes it.
Wear the bandana as an accessory
The bandana is mostly worn as a fashion accessory that subtly finishes off an outfit.
- Around the neck, just fold it in half to create a triangle that you can then tie for a look that throws. It is also possible to wrap the triangle to obtain another variation to put around the neck like a necklace. This time, tie the accessory at the side for extra style.
- The bandana is also worn on the head as a headband. To do this, simply roll it up to obtain the desired thickness. All you have to do is put it on your head and tie it under the hair. It can also be worn in its triangular version on the head for a successful 90s look.
- It is very fashionable to use the small scarf as an accessory to tie up the hair. To do this, you have to fold it into a triangle and wrap it to get the right length to put around a bun, braid or hair.a ponytail.
- Another use of the bandana as a trendy fashion accessory is to tie it around the wrist as if it were a bracelet.
- Finally, the bandana also attaches around the strap of a handbag to give it more style.
Wear the printed bandana
The bandana is no longer confined to its role as a scarf. Today, it can be found as a fabric motif for fashionable summer tops, light and bohemian dresses, stylish jumpsuits, flowing pants, etc. You can adopt the total look with paisley print pieces and the little scarf around the neck, on the head, in the hair, at the wrists or as bag jewelry.